Read the Transcript
Transcript of the 2nd Quarter Wrap Up (PDF)
Listen to the MP3 audio file
Download the MP3 audio file
2. ThemeThe Invisible Reinvention, Put On Your Sunglasses!
3. The Empire Draws The Capital Homeward Catherine follows the trend set by “The Empire” in causing cash flows to return home through diverse means.
4. The Week That Was Catherine looks at the week of April 15, Tax day, the Boston Bombing, the drop in price of precious metals, the Texas fertilizer plant explosion and the shooting at MIT.
5. Deflationary Forces: “Asset Class Dog House” Catherine looks at market changes and regulations.
6. Tax Havens in the Crosshairs/Meetings and More Meetings
Tax Havens in the Crosshairs Slide Catherine looks at shifting capital, how those in power are maintaining control and what it means to you.
7. Gun Campaign Goes to Trench Warfare Catherine looks at the effort for gun control.
8. Bail-ins Coming Catherine describes what exactly a ‘bail-in’ is and what to look for.
9. Drought, Food, and Weather Warfare Catherine looks at the control of food and how weather can be used as a weapon.
10. Growth and More Growth/Fiscal Cliff: Short Term Relief, Long Term Questions Catherine looks at how money is being brought back into North America, and the various reasons for it.
11. NSA: Old News Made New Catherine looks at the recent ‘revelation’ in which we are all being monitored by the government.
12. A New Model Emerges Catherine looks at the pros and cons of crowd-funding.
13. Russia Flexes Her Muscles Catherine looks behind the recent geopolitics of Russia, including their involvement in the recent developments in the middle east.
14. Opportunities Catherine offers some advice for others moving forward and how not to get trapped in the changing world.
15. Highlights Catherine makes some highlights from the Solari Report.
16. Hero Our hero for the 2nd Quarter is Stopbigbrother.org for their work in Iowa City.
17. Ask Catherine Catherine answers questions submitted by subscribers.
18. Let’s Go to the Movies! Catherine reviews the BBC series Wallander, a show about a Swedish Detective name Kurt Wallander.
July 11: Precious Metals Market Report with James Turk and Franklin Sanders
July 18: Equity Overview with Chuck Gibson and Melanie Pelayo, Dividends Matter
July 25: A Rappoport Report
Bond, Emerging Markets, and Gold vs. S&P 500
Bond Market vs. S&P 500 over 3 months
Bond Market vs. S&P 500 over 6 months
Emerging Markets vs. S&P 500 over 3 months
Emerging Markets vs. S&P 500 over 6 months
Gold Trust vs. S&P 500 over 3 months
Gold Trust vs. S&P 500 over 6 months
“The world needs a wake up call, gentlemen. We’re gonna phone it in.” – Gilbert, They Live
By Catherine Austin Fitts
Please join me for the July 4th fireworks on the Solari Report!
We will review the top 10 stories of the 2nd Quarter and connect the dots to the extraordinary swing of the financial pendulum back towards North America.
G-7 and the developed nations are calling capital homewards. The resulting squeeze in the emerging market and tax havens is rocking through the commodities and precious metals markets, while US equities move higher and pundits declare it is morning in America again. The Fed has cleaned the balance sheets of their member banks of questionable mortgage securities and returned bank stocks to pre-bailout levels.
One one hand, it is part of the ebb and flow of the long term re-balancing of the global economy. On the other hand, the force behind this move reminds us, “what Mr. Global gives, Mr. Global can take away.”
The NSA reminds us that one of the things that has been taken away is personal, financial and economic privacy. Our personal digital systems are feeding a insider trading apparatus.
We will be talking about what is next and what it means to you.
Our theme for 2013 is “Coming Clean.” Seeing things as they are is an essential part of the coming clean process. Please do let me know your questions and concerns – I want to make sure this Wrap Up leaves you with a strong sense of coherence – you see the deeper patterns in the flow of disparate events and your pathway forward.
In Let’s Go to the Movies, I will review the BBC series Wallander about Swedish detective Kurt Wallander, a deeply moral man struggling to maintain his balance in the face of the violence and perversion he experiences. In the process, he inspires us to feel the power of our intuition and humanity to make sure things come out right.
Talk to you Thursday!