Listen to the MP3 audio file
Download the MP3 audio file
Read the transcript
Catherine on Living in Faith [PDF]
1. Introduction & Theme – 0:00 – Theme: Living in Faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrew 11:1; Spiritual and cultural; SUBSTANCE…faith is building blocks of creating our world. As substantive as the concrete material resources we use to build an economy, such as land, water, precious metals. My prayer for each person listening tonight is that our conversation tonight will help to nurture your faith in your spiritual and cultural power to create the your world. Subscribers: Have lunch with Catherine:
- in Tucson, Arizona – Saturday, March 17 @ NoonPT
- in Austin, Texas – Saturday, March 24 @ 12:30pmPT
- in San Jose, California – Saturday, April 14 @ 2pmPT
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Money & Markets – 03:57 – The economy. Creative destruction. Money supply inflation being offset by labor devaluation and creative destruction deflation; European Workouts – disturbing to contracts and creditors – is everything negotiable? Greece – chocking on inability to do devaluation – how transact. Same thing happening here as in Greece – just more subtle. Spoke to Franklin – testifying on sales tax – standing in the way of liquidity. Gold took quite a trouncing yesterday but then bounced back – did it look like a manipulation – yeseriee. Used to have a partner that said markets go up and down. Manipulated markets do to. John Williams of Shadowstats on hyperinflation. The United States, in a hyperinflation, likely would experience the quick disappearance of cash as we know it. In Zimbabwe, there was the back-up of a well-functioning black market in U.S. dollars, but no such back-up exists in the United States. In the last year, Congressman Ron Paul introduced legislation that would make gold a legal currency, directly convertible and exchangeable at market rates with Federal Reserve notes, and with no tax consequences. If such a system were in place, that would provide a back-up system that conceivably would do much to mitigate the severe economic damage that otherwise would occur in the early stages of a U.S. hyperinflation. Slow burn vs collapse. AGREE March will be a tense time. Corporate tax and filings. Upcoming we will be talking about: rebuilding small business and local economy – Joe Mysak of Bloomberg on the Solari Report in early April on municipal bonds. …
4. Solari Hero – 15:50 – The city of Seattle, Washington – First Public Food Forest; landscaping converted to edible landscape. …
5. Interview – 17:19 – Living in Faith. Organized into five areas:
Attending to these first are essential to tending to rebuilding the economy. …
6. Movie – 1:08:03 – “As it is in Heaven” – A Swedish film about Daniel Daréus (Michael Nyqvist), a successful and renowned international conductor whose life aspiration is to create music that will open people’s hearts. His own heart, however, is in bad shape. After suffering a heart attack on stage at the end of a performance, he retires indefinitely to Norrland in the far north of Sweden, to the village where he endured a terrible childhood of bullying. …
7. Up Next & Closing – 1:11:23 – Mar 3, speaking at the Health Freedom Expo in Long Beach, CA; Mar 8, Precious Metals Market Report with Franklin Sanders; Mar 15, Organizing the Legal Structure for Your Start Up: The Comfort Calls Story; Mar 22, Overview of Local Financing. …
By Catherine Austin Fitts
This Thursday night, I want to talk about the big issues – faith, freedom, leadership, law and love.
In the following weeks, I will lead two Solari Reports about rebuilding our economy.
On March 8th, Franklin Sanders and I will discuss critical issues we have faced in these efforts – stories of what has worked and why – as part of the Precious Metals Market Report.
On March 15th, “The Comfort Calls Story,” an interview with entrepreneur Debbie Landers about how she started her company Comfort Calls and the legal and capital structure that Solari helped her design. In the links, we will provide a term sheet for you to share with team mates, local attorney and CPA or fellow investors to help you do something similar.
On March 22, our discussion will scale up from the the capitalization of one company to address how we might support many entrepreneurs and businesses with community venture funds and other mechanisms to create financial liquidity in private networks and communities.
We will be posting rich resource links to support the discussion at on the blog posts, including a link to our Solari Report on Solari Circles, with copies of the draft documents for creating an investment club to do securities or local investment.
There is, however, no point in more financial engineering if we don’t deal with the heart of the problem. Our economic and financial issues are symptoms of a much deeper problem. So, first, I want to talk about living in faith – gathering the power to be honest with each other and to rebuild the integrity and trust required.
In Let’s Go to the Movies, a review of As It Is In Heaven, a Swedish movie about a small church choir that face and clear the deeper issues among them and in their community on the way to creating an artistic performance of great beauty and power. They are led by a world class musician who has returned to the small village he left as a child to get away from bullying. It is a story of redemption and restoration with insights for all of us about the road to transformation.
We will start with Money & Markets and Ask Catherine. Post your questions in the comments section for this blog post.
Talk to you Thursday!
If you have comments, thoughts or questions that you would like me to address, please post by Thursday.