Listen to the MP3 audio file
Download the MP3 audio file
Read the transcript
Transcript Catherine’s interview of Thomas H. Greco, Jr. [PDF]
1. Introduction & Theme – 0:00
– Theme: Tax Time in the US. I have never seen as much frustration with the complexity. Concern regarding fairness and future increases. And concern that we are funding a federal government that is working against the best interests of individuals. At the same time there is a contradiction as a result of the dependency of so many households directly or indirectly of the federal government. Taxes are an integral part of the slow burn – and the resulting debasement. The positive is that more and more people are getting interested in the nature of money, how the currency and financial systems work and what they can do about it.
If you do have a foreign financial account, please make sure you access our Solari Special Report: Foreign Investment Filing Requirements – 2011 this tax season. It is a great link to send to your CPA or tax preparer if they are not familiar with the new rules going into effect for 2011 individual filings.
Subscribers, have lunch with Catherine:
- in San Jose, California – Saturday, April 14 @ 2pmPT
You may bring one guest. RSVP to email@example.com with the following information:
- Luncheon you wish to attend
- Date of the luncheon
- Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of those attending
Find more details at the Subscriber Luncheons with Catherine webpage.
2. Money & Markets – 02:50
– The drumbeats of war are with us. The Iranian oil bourse was supposed to start trading outside the dollar today. Last weekend saw the SWIFT system in Belgium throwing Iranian banks off the system and actual or threatened sanctions by the US towards a number of countries trading with IRAN… numerous stories are up on the blog. The reality is that the IRANians do not want to be in the Empire model. Equity Markets corrected this week after a 1st quarter rise of over 15% — quite spectacular when considering the fundamentals. Precious metals swooned ahead of equities. Expect a major effort to persuade retail investors that gold and silver are no longer in a primary trend up. Don’t believe it. But don’t be surprised if precious metals prices are weak through April 15th and through the events in the Gulf. Split in the oil & gas market – with oil now at 105 + and natural gas prices continuing to stay low. I came through Midland earlier this week and it sure looks like a boom town. There is more and more signs that a significant domestic supply of natural gas may be a way to continue to subsidize energy here in the US. That could mean a major shift in energy policy that could be good news for the US dollar. Crowdfunding, Kickstarter, Double Fine all good things. …
3. Solari Hero – 11:00
– Thomas H. Greco, Jr. – our guest tonight …
4. Ask Catherine – 13:31
— Do you have a backup plan of what you would do in the event that the United States were to become, in your view, too oppressive? There is no ‘away.’ …
5. Interview & Movie – 16:10
– Thomas H. Greco, Jr. is a community and monetary economist, educator, writer, and consultant. He is a former tenured college teacher who has spent more than 30 years studying and writing about ways to achieve greater harmony, equity, and sustainability through business and economics. His special expertise in monetary and financial structures has led to innovative designs for private community currencies and payment systems. Among other books and articles, he is the author of, Money: Understanding and Creating Alternatives to Legal Tender (Chelsea Green Publishing Company, 2001). Movie: “Money as Debt 1, 2, 3.” …
7. Up Next & Closing – 1:01:41
– Mar 29, a special Solari Report, Catherine and Jon Rappoport on Let’s Go to the Movies; Apr 5, Joe Mysak of Bloombergs Briefs on Municipal Markets. …
- Thomas H. Greco websites: beyondmoney.net / reinventingmoney.com /
- Identification and Tracking in the Brave New World – RFID Chips and You
- An introduction to New Technologies by Patrick Redmond
- Ludwig Mises Institute – Tide As Money
- Occupy Together and Bring in the Butterfly Society
- IRTA – International Reciprocal Trade Association
- Public Banking Institute Conference in April 2012
- Zopa – UK Loans
- Human Project – Barry Trower interview
- KickStarter website
- Double Fine Kickstarter Ends With Over $3.3 million
- Town in Australia “Kickstarts” Grocery Story
- Living History: A Foreword to US History Uncensored
- Get a copy of the out-of-print “New Money for Healthy Communities” by sending $20 + $4 shipping to: Thomas Greco, Post Office Box 42663, Tucson, AZ 85733
- Mr. Greco’s publishing company, Chelsea Green
- WIR Cooperative Business Circle
- Community Development
- FreeCycle.com – About Living Stuff
- “Local Dollars, Local Sense” by Michael H. Shuman
- Fraud A Concern As Lawmakers Weigh ‘Crowdfunding’ npr.org
- The Comfort Calls Story: Organizing the Legal Structure for Your Startup
- Solari Report on Solari Circles
- An Introduction to Solari Circles
- The Solari/Moneychanger Silver-Gold Calculator
- The Solari Report 2009-03-19, Nuts and Bolts of Organizing a Solari Circle
The Solari Report 2009-03-19, Nuts and Bolts of Organizing a Solari Circle
By Catherine Austin Fitts
Families and communities are struggling with significant currency debasement and ever more complex regulation which function as capital controls, shutting off opportunity and liquidity to the average person. What to do? Individually, we can reposition our personal and family assets. We can start businesses. The next step is to improve the transaction flow between individuals and business.
This Thursday we will speak with Thomas H. Greco, Jr., proprietor of Reinventing Money and author of New Money for Healthy Communities, Money: Understanding and Creating Alternatives to Legal Tender and The End of Money and the Future of Civilization. Tom has spent decades writing, researching and educating about the importance of providing alternatives to a financial system that is draining us. We will describe ideas that are working and how they might energize our efforts individually and in our neighborhood and networks.
I will start with Money & Markets and Ask Catherine. Post your questions in the comments section. In Let’s Go to The Movies, a review of Paul Grignon’s animation series, “Money as Debt, I, II and III.”
Money As Debt – YouTube
Talk to you Thursday!
If you have comments, thoughts or questions that you would like me to address, please post by Thursday.