“Success doesn’t necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution. A great strategy alone won’t win a game or a battle; the win comes from basic blocking and tackling.” ~ Naveen Jain
By Catherine Austin Fitts
Australian entrepreneur Mark Dansie travels the world evaluating new technology claims, implementing the chosen few and reporting on his website Revolution Green. He specializes in magnetic motor and HHO gas evaluations, but also reviews a wide range of energy and related technologies. I met Mark at the Global BEM conference and was impressed at his command of the practical issues involved in bringing a new technology to market.
Mark’s catch phrase is “show me the data.” Previously, Mark studied Industrial Design at the Adelaide School of Arts, managed several commercial businesses at an Australian University including the Press, Communications and Internet company and served as CEO of a regional public housing company in Australia.
Key points to consider from our discussion:
- Patents can be your best friend or your worst enemy
- There’s first to market and there’s fast to market
- VC’s always want control. License the technology so that you control the IP – don’t sell the IP
- The best approach is to raise capital and be quiet
- Make friends with the people who may oppose you – cut them into the deal where you can
- Consider making your profits on the application of technology rather than on the technology itself
I asked Mark to join me on the Solari Report after getting a number of requests on how to handle the practical challenges of launching breakthrough technology projects. He was in the Philippines when we spoke and our call reception was less than ideal. We will get a printed transcript up for this report as soon as possible in the hopes that reading is easier.
This is the last week of the month so we will not have a Money & Markets segment. I will be back next week, reporting from Sydney, Australia where I will be speaking on the subject of Planet Debt.
Please join me on the Solari Report this week! You can learn more about becoming a subscriber here…