Listen to the MP3 audio file
Download the MP3 audio file
Read the transcript
Transcript of How Do I Find a Great Local Bank? – The Next Generation – 5.24.12 [PDF]
1. Introduction & Theme – 0:00 – Theme: Alignment is Possible. At the heart of making money work for us is re-aligning our inventive systems so that we make money from helping each other succeed instead of helping each other fail. …
2. Money & Markets – 01:24 – Eurozone. Greek government default? European banks doing asset sales. US dollar index took off this week. See blog Eurozone Debt Chart. NATO in Chicago. Pull out of Afghanistan? Bilderbergers on May 31. G20 in June. Bohemian Grove in July. How much are central banks going to print? Fukushima effect. Iran and nuclear power. US traffic a good economic indicator? Silence on JP Morgan’s trading position. Equity and commodities markets showing weakness. Facebook debacle! Extraordinary degradation of USDA organic standards (see blog). Is the US Navy sending us a message? MIB3 (Men in Black 3) movie released. …
3. Solari Hero – 11:14 — Nick Hanauer – Venture capitalist who was an early investor in Amazon. Beautiful description of how real wealth actually happens. See blog: TED Talk on Inequality. …
4. Ask Catherine – 11:59 — What happens if all the Chinese gold savers (including the Chinese government) decide to sell? Recommendation for expert in microbiology. …
5. Interview – 12:57 – Jamie Bartholomew Aller and Andrew Bartholomew of the National Bank of Malvern, Malvern, Pennsylvania – How I came to bank at the National Bank of Malvern. See previous Solari Report interview and discussion on how to find a local bank. Following is an outline of the checklist of actions regarding finding a good local bank. Find the full webpage here.
– Identify your local banks
– Collect information and recommendations
– Evaluate the bank’s leadership
– Review its profitability, financial safety and soundness
– Review its location and services
– Review its fees, costs and interest
– Confirm FDIC
– Make the switch!
What’s ahead for community bankers? …
8. Up Next & Closing – 1:01:39 – Jun 7, Ecovillages with Macoco Tameric from the Damanhur Ecovillage in Northern Italy; Jun 14, Precious Metals Market Report with Franklin Sanders …
They make me feel like “I matter” and that’s just good banking “cents.” ~ Ginger Warner Shouse, winner of the
“I Love My Community Bank Because…” Contest
By Catherine Austin Fitts
You are in for a real treat this Thursday night – the next generation of community bankers!
In 2004 and 2005, I published an article and audio seminar, “Where Would Jesus Bank?” We got so many requests that we published a checklist outlining the process of finding a new bank: My Bank: How Do I Find a Great Local Bank?
Solari and I bank at the National Bank of Malvern in Malvern Pennsylvania, which is owned and managed by several generations of cousins. Current chairman Lydia Willits Bartholomew joined me for a Solari Report in 2009 for a discussion on how to find a local bank.
With the explosion of movements proposing that we shift our bank deposits to Main Street, I continue to get requests for an updated presentation on how to find a local bank and shift your banking business.
Finding a new bank can be a fun and fascinating process – if you know how to do it! And having bankers you trust and are proud to be associated with can make a real difference in your life – and in the life of your community. So it is well worth the investment of your time.
This Thursday night, Lydia’s daughter and son, Jamie Bartholomew Aller and Andrew Bartholomew will join me to provide the latest information on a finding and building a successful relationship with your local bankers. Jamie and Andrew are the fifth generation in their family to join the leadership of their family owned and operated community bank.
I will start with Money and Markets and Ask Catherine. Please make sure you post your questions as early as possible – I want to make sure Jamie and Andrew answer any questions you have.
No movie this week – we covered lots of great documentaries last week with Jon Rappoport – the list is up in last week’s post.
Talk to you Thursday!