Read the transcript
Transcript of 3rd Quarter Wrap Up [PDF]
Listen to the MP3 audio file
Download the MP3 audio file
1. Introduction & Up-coming Events – 0:00
At Sea Lane – Financial Salons for Changing Times – Sebastopol, 10/20 Santa Cruz 11/14
The Global Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference in Holland – November 9-11, 2012
Subscribers’ Luncheon in Murfreesboro, Tennessee – December 1, 2012
2. Theme – 1:37 How Do We Steer This Thing? How Do You Turn a Cultural Aircraft?
3. Money & Markets – 5:15 In Money & Markets, Catherine sums up the important events of the week and talks about how the election could affect the market. Catherine also talks about the exciting things happening in the tech world this week, including a man who can make a functioning bicycle out of cardboard for the price of $20.
3. Ask Catherine – 11:30 Catherine talks about the election and for whom she will not cast her vote. Also, Catherine explores some deeper questions in the Precious Metals Market
4. Hero – 15:36 Our hero this week is the computer hacker, Gary McKinnon, who has just won his decade long extradition battle.
5. Interview – 17:03 Catherine gives her 3rd Quarter Wrap up and highlights the important events of the quarter and tells us what to look for and how to better prepare ourselves for the next quarter and 2013.
6. Let’s Go to the Movies! – 1:07:00 Catherine reviews Arbitrage. The story of a highly successful business man who is struggling to keep everything together, stars Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon.
By Catherine Austin Fitts
This Thursday is our third quarter wrap up. I am going to check in with the major trends (see our annual wrap up in January) and review how events and markets unfolded during the last three months. I also want to look forward at the “fiscal cliff” and the central bank- Congressional one-two punch on household financials underway. Finally, I will report on the Transformations & Renewals conference in Tennessee last weekend (yes, it was amazing!) and what I learned about opportunities to rebuild our local and regional economies.
I will start with Money and Markets and Ask Catherine. Please post your questions on the blog.
In Let’s Go to the Movies, I will review Arbitrage, the story of a troubled hedge fund magnate desperate to complete the sale of his trading empire.
[arve url=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-ehpXhoPVM” frameborder=”0″ width=”325″ height=”183″>
Talk to you Thursday!