Read the Transcript
Read the transcript of What Is Breakthrough Energy? here (PDF)
Listen to the Money & Markets MP3 audio file
Listen to the Complete MP3 audio file
Listen to the Interview MP3 audio file
1. Introduction and Theme “Crunch Time Opportunities”
2. Money & MarketsIn Money & Markets this week Catherine takes a look at the geopolitics of Syria and how the world is aligning over the issues faced there. She also looks at the latest developments in the NSA story and Russia’s protection of Edward Snowden. In addition she takes a look at new technology that is being developed that could be used to create an elevator into outer space.
3. Hero Our hero this week is Yang Yuanqing who is the CEO of Lenovo Group Ltd.
5. Discussion Catherine discusses her interview with Joel Garbon and Jeroen van Straaten about what is Breakthrough Energy.
6. Let’s Go to the Movies! Catherine reviews No which is about a Chilean advertising executive who helps defeat the political establishment by selling positive messages.
September 12: Precious Metals Market Report with Franklin Sanders
September 19: Coming Clean, Crowdfunding
Septrember 26: A Jon Rappoport Report
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”
By Catherine Austin Fitts
You are going to enjoy a great interview this week on The Solari Report with Jeroen Van Straaten, foundation chairman for GlobalBEM, and Joel Garbon, President of the New Energy Movement and co-author with Jeanne Manning of Breakthrough Power: How quantum-leap energy inventions can transform our world.
What is “breakthrough energy?” Why have Jeroen and Joel made such a significant personal investment to help us learn about these technologies? What do the skeptics say and what do Jeroen and Joel say to them? What are the specific energy options? What are the implications of integrating them into our infrastructure and economy? Why do you care? And what can you do?
Jeroen, Joel and I will attend the Breakthrough Energy conference that GlobalBEM is organizing in Boulder Colorado in October. For those who would like to learn more, there will be three days of rich presentations and conversations. I will be speaking about Crowdfunding. Foster Gamble who has joined us several times on the Solari Report will also be speaking and in attendance. Solari Report subscribers are invited for a Saturday “Lunch with Catherine.”
I attended the GlobalBEM conference in Holland last year – it was inspiring to be with so many scientists, engineers and inventors focused on creating solutions to the problems we face. Expect even more of the same this year! You can sign up for the conference and support the effort with donations to fund the videos and DVDs that will be circulated afterwords here.
We will post the interview on the blog on Thursday afternoon. Join me live on Thursday night for Money & Markets and Ask Catherine. I want to discuss events in the Middle East as well as the geopolitical squeeze coming this fall – including Fed tapering, debt ceiling increases, budget squabbles and European elections – and what it means for financial markets.
In Let’s Go to the Movies, I will review the charming 2012 Chilean movie No about a Chilean advertising executive who helped defeat Pinochet in an historic 1988 plebiscite by selling the positive, instead of complaining about the negative. This tale from Latin America is a delightful reminder that being against evil is insufficient. Creating the conditions that support love win the day.
I am looking forward to being with you on Thursday!