“There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” ~ Leonard Cohen
By Catherine Austin Fitts
One of the logical uses of the “promoting women” meme would be to engineer a Democratic woman into the White House in 2016. This will enable women and a variety of related constituencies to be cycled back into affirming the establishment in a way that will cut the legs out from under those who would insist on accountability on important issues of law and finance.
There is a core of women, gay and progressive voters who will be satisfied with a change of fashion in the White House as opposed to accountability, fiscal responsibility or fundamental changes in policy. Field a woman candidate who appeals to this group with someone of Latino heritage that will attract the Hispanic votes, very significant corporate and private investment funding, a first rate campaign supported by significant covert surveillance, intelligence and operations and you have a feasible ticket.
So it is not surprising that we see Hillary Clinton out with a new book tour positioning for the 2016 Presidential campaign and Obama announcing the Hispanic mayor of San Antonio as the new HUD Secretary, to be seasoned for a possible number two position on a Clinton ticket.
Indeed, everything was going so smoothly. And then last week Hillary Clinton claimed that she and President Clinton were “dead broke” when they left the White House in 2000.
The expression “dead broke” has remarkably different meanings in different circles. When you dine among millionaires and billionaires, this expression means one thing. When your financials are reviewed by an accountant, it means another thing. And when you are navigating the world created by the shenanigans engineered in Arkansas or Washington during the Clinton Administrations or by Clinton as a Senator and Secretary of State, “dead broke” means something entirely different again.
Among an increasing number of American voters, “dead broke,” means you are:
- having your utilities turned off,
- trying to stave off a foreclosure after having your job outsourced to Asia,
- searching for food at food banks and soup kitchens,
- going to prison because, although innocent, you can not afford an attorney when rounded up by federal swat teams accompanied by media teams,
- medicating your child with pharmaceutical drugs so you can qualify for Social Security disability to pay for their food,
- watching your brother or sister die because you parents can not afford health care,
- losing your spouse to violent death or disability in foreign wars or military suicide, and your savings and income with it,
- standing in lines and holding on phone lines for tens of hours every week managing government subsidy payments because you can not find a job and your savings is gone,
- dying alone in a prison cell where you are serving a two day jail sentence for inability to pay your children’s truancy fines.
Hillary Clinton has significant campaign experience. She campaigned in two Presidential campaigns for her husband and ran two successful campaigns for Senate and one unsuccessful Presidential campaign. That Hillary Clinton continues to be entirely divorced from the most basic understanding of the voters she desires to attract and can not fathom the connection between her actions and growing wealth and the increasing poverty and circumstances of her constituents is worth contemplating.
The accumulations of lies that we tell each other and ourselves have reached shape-shifting levels. Clinton is a hard working attorney who is trained to take and implement orders. Her experience is driven by the accumulation of favors for the rich and powerful, and the media and financial assets they bestow. It is not driven by a deep personal vision or gathering of authentic political power.
Worlds are diverging, and some spin no longer crosses the chasm. Watching Hillary Clinton’s baffling lack of empathetic intelligence or political skills, I could hear Yeat’s words from “The Second Coming,”
“Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold”
- Promoting Women Part I
- Promoting Women Part II
- Promoting Women Part III
- Promoting Women Part IV
- Promoting Women Part V
- Promoting Women Part VI
- Promoting Women Part VII
Wealthy Clintons Use Trusts to Limit Estate Tax They Back
£7,000 for the cake at Chelsea Clinton’s £3.2 MILLION wedding of the year
Clinton’s Popularity Drops to 52% as 2016 Edge Shrinks